The Ghana Immigration Service invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians for recruitment.
- Must be of a good character
- Must have no criminal records
- Should not be more than 35 years [Lawyers]
- Should not be more than 30 years [Others]
- Physically fit by Immigration standards
- Minimum height of 1.73 meters [5ft 8in] for Males and 1.63 meters [5ft 4in] for Females.
- HEAD OF PROCUREMENT [VACANCY FOR ONE]
- Graduate Degree in Business Administration or possess professional qualification from the Chartered institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS).
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification practice and experience in the field of Procurement and Stores Management in a major enterprise.
- Good working knowledge of INCOTERMS 2000 chart of responsibilities.
- Good working knowledge of the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (ACT 663) and its procedures.
- Good knowledge of Contract Administration.
- Computer Literacy (good working knowledge in Microsoft office applications).
- Develop appropriate procurement policies and processes based on principle and/or precedent, as a basis for management control to facilitate co-ordination across organization units.
- Develop appropriate procedures relating to requisitioning, ordering, expediting, receiving, inspecting, storing and payment of goods and those relating to disposal of unserviceable, obsolete or surplus stores, plant and equipment.
- Employ efficient and effective purchasing practices within acceptable time limits in conformity with corporate goals and objectives.
- Strive towards partnership sourcing and agreements in order to achieve world class capability and competitiveness.
- Provision of intelligence information regarding economic, legislative, political, technological and other factors that may influence cost and availability of supplies.
- APPLICATION SOFTWARE /DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
[VACANCY FOR ONE]
- Must possess a Computer Science degree with at least four (4) years working experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application and Microsoft Server applications.
- Knowledge and sufficient working experience in Client and Server based operating systems and applications, such as Oracle, SQL, Database and Windows Server and Linux operating systems, Database Management tools.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Design, development and testing of purchased software and Databases.
- Ensure security and integrity of the Database and data, fine-tuning and managing of multiple database applications.
- Engaged in troubleshooting of software related end-user problems as well as system administration.
- Responsible for designing and developing user manuals and be involved in end-user training of all installed software.
- Ensure that applications and corresponding data are adequately protected and all applications and properly copyrighted.
- Design forms and formats for use by the GIS