EMERGENCY ENTRY VISA FEES: $150 & TRANSIT VISA:$20
<List of countries whose citizen do not require Visas to enter Ghana>
<Ghana Immigration Service Revised Fees And Charges 2010... >
The Ghana Immigration Service is the frontline agency responsible for the entry, residence and employment of foreign nationals in Ghana in accordance with the provision of the Immigration Act (Act 573), 2000.
Subject to the conditions of the Immigration Act any person who is seeking to enter Ghana;
a) Must be in possession of a valid passport or other travel document and valid visa to enter Ghana where applicable.
b) Must have been exempted from obtaining a visa to enter Ghana.
c) Must have his name endorsed upon a visa and is in the company of the holder of the visa.
d) Must have applied and been granted an emergency entry permit ; or
e) Must have been admitted to diplomatic status by the Government of Ghana.
VISA (REGULATION 4(I) (D) OF LI 1691)
A visa may be obtained from Ghana Embassies/High Commissions, Consulates or other Embassies authorized by the Government of Ghana to issue visas on her behalf.
Emergency Entry Permit valid for 14 days may be obtained where an application has been filed on behalf of the foreign national by other national’s host with the Director of Immigration indicating;
- Personal details including nationality ,place of residence in Ghana;Occupation or business to be followed or undertaken while Ghana;
- Particulars of passport;
- Proposed date of arrival;
- Purpose of visit and duration of stay;
- A statement to the effect that the applicant will not undertake or participate in any activities which might offend the religious beliefs or any section of the community;
- In case of a passenger passing through Ghana ,route to be followed; and
- An undertaken by the applicant to return any pass granted.
- Has had a security furnished by bond, deposit or a letter of guarantee by the person who guarantees the foreign national(s) visit.
a) Please note that applicants must satisfy the conditions that the distance between their place of abode and the Ghana Consular office should be such that the impromptu nature of their journey could not make it possible for them to travel to the office for a visa;
b) That the applicant (s) is proceeding to Ghana at a short notice for business transactions;
c) That the applicant is a guest of the Government or a member of a delegation which is coming to Ghana at the instance of the Government at short notice, or
d) That the entry permit of an applicant who is a person resident in Ghana has expired while the applicant was outside Ghana
Having obtained the requisite visa, visitors must satisfy the Immigration officer on arrival that;
i. He is genuinely seeking entry for a limited period as stated by him.
ii. He will leave Ghana at the end of the period granted him.
iii. He will not take up any employment while on visitor’s permit.
iv. He does not intend studying in any school.
v. He will not be of public charge.
Before his entry is allowed at the point of entry a maximum of 60 days stay (90 days in the Case of ECOWAS nationals) is granted. The extension of the duration of the stay is allowed provided that the approving officer is convinced that conditions set above have been met.
PROCEDURE FOR EXTENSION OF STAY
Visitors may abide by the following procedure in their application for extension or stay.
- Completion of the requisite application forms obtained from the Immigration Headquarters or the nearest Regional Commands of the Service.
- Provision of two current passport-sized photographs.
- An application letter from those who wish to stay for a period more than 3 months stating reason (s) for the request.
- Provision of a valid return ticket or any form of guarantee that the visitor will leave the country at the end of the period requested for.
- Provision of documentary evidence of intent to invest in Ghana (applicable to would-be investors only).
- Provision of a valid passport; and
- The payment of the requisite processing fee.
Please note that employment is restricted while on visitor’s permit.
VISITORS IN TRANSIT
A person, seeking entry clearance to enter Ghana in
transit and is not a prohibited Immigrant may be admitted for a period not exceeding 48 hours. The Immigration officer at the point of entry must satisfied that.
- The visitor has a valid visa and is assured of entry into the destination country.
- The visitor I exempted from sustaining himself in the transit and destination countries.
- The visitor may not decide to terminate his journey in the transit country.